Susan van Scoyoc
I have been in continuous practice since 1981. I run an active private practice from my London and Burnham locations. I provide therapy for clients, training for other psychologists, work within my professional division, and provide expert witness services for solicitors, county councils, tribunals, Crown Prosecution, and the courts. I have particular interests in women's issues, human rights, the use of psychometric tests, relationships within families and with children, post traumatic stress, and false claims (malingering). As a health psychologist, I have an interest and expertise in health matters including pain management, chronic health conditions, and well being.
I work extensively with children, families, and women in social services, civil, and criminal fields. I provide on-site assessment services nationwide including prisons, home-bound clients, and other locations. I hold current, enhanced CRB checks as required for working with children and vulnerable adults. This will be produced if required.
I provide face-to-face therapy for adults, couples, families, and children. Therapy is also offered via video link. I have a long history of working with couples facing relationship difficulties as well as family-wide relationship issues.
I provide coordinator of training and student supervision services to students enrolled on approved courses. These services are offered face-to-face, via video, or telephone.
I accept instruction in legal and other administrative proceedings. Details about my services here can be found in the Expert Witness section of this site.
I am also available to provide training lectures and workshops nationwide. The topics include providing expert witness services, health and well-being, and therapy approaches.
Brief Description of Qualifications and Experience
- I have been awarded Practitioner of the Year 2012 by the British Psychological Society
- I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist, a Chartered Health Psychologist, and an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society, register number 16461.
- I am a Senior Practitioner member of the British Psychological Society Register of Psychologists Specialising in Psychotherapy.
- I am a Registered Practitioner Psychologist with the Health Professions Council, register number PYL21848.
- I am a qualified and registered user of psychometric tests (BPS level A & B)
- I am presently in independent practice in London and Burnham on Crouch, having over thirty years of practice within NHS and private settings as a counselling psychologist and specialist psychotherapist working with adults, children and families.
- I am a Visiting Lecturer teaching the use psychometric tests at City University, London and others on Doctorate of Counselling Psychology courses and provider of Masterclasses for the British Psychological Society.
- I am a Research Supervisor for doctoral research projects in Psychology at City University, London.
- I am past Chair of the British Psychological Society, Division of Counselling Psychology and past Registrar for the Qualification in Counselling Psychology.
- I am a past member of the Board of Assessors and Training Committee for Counselling Psychology, the Board of Ethics, the Psychological Testing Committee of the British Psychological Society.
- CYQ Qualified Gym Instructor
To request a formal CV please contact us.
Links to learn more about Susan van Scoyoc